You're a genuine New Jerseyan if you recognize or can relate to at least 10 of these...
- You don't think of citrus when people mention "The Oranges."
- You've ordered a hard roll with butter for breakfast.
- You've known the way to Seaside Heights since you were ......seven!
- You've eaten at a diner...when you were drunk...at 3 am.
- You remember that the "Two Guys" were from Harrison. (depends on age)
- You know that the state isn't one big oil refinery.
- You know what a "jug handle" is.
- You know that the state isn't all farmland.
- You know that there are no "beaches" in New Jersey - there's "The Shore," and you know that the road to the shore is "The Parkway" not "The Garden State Highway."
- Even your school cafeteria made good Italian subs. And you call it "sub" not a "submarine sandwich" or worse yet, a "hoagie" or a "hero."
- You know how to properly negotiate a Circle.
- You knew that the last question had to do with driving.
- You know that this is the only "New..." state that doesn't require "New" to identify it (like, try...Mexico....York ...Hampshire -doesn't work, does it?).
- You only go to New York City for day trips, and you only call it "The City."
- You know that a "White Castle" is the name of BOTH a fast food chain AND a fast food sandwich.
- You consider a corned beef sandwich with lettuce and Mayo a sacrilege.
- You don't think "What exit" (do you live near?) is very funny.
- You know that the real first "strip shopping center" in the country is Route 22.
- You know that people from 609 area code are "a little different."(!!?)
- You know that no respectable New Jerseyan goes to Princeton - that's for out-of-staters.
- You live within 20 minutes of at least three different malls.
- You can see the Manhattan skyline from some part of your town.
- You refer to all highways and interstate by their numbers.
- You know where every "clip" shown in the Soprano's opening credits is.
- You've gotten on the wrong highway trying to get out of Willowbrook Mall.
- You've eaten a Boardwalk cheese steak with vinegar fries.
- You have a favorite Atlantic City casino.
- You start planning for Memorial Day weekend in February.
You've never pumped your own gas. Thank God!